Transmission Problems Aren’t Always Expensive
A rough shift here, a stuck shifter there. Small problems like these will eventually turn into a bad dream if not attended to early. The transmission experts at Chapman Mobil Auto Repair of Orange have been repairing and maintaining transmissions in the Orange, Tustin, Anaheim and Santa Ana for over a decade!
The big misconception about transmissions and transmission repair is that there are no cheap transmission repairs. With all of the advances in technology and a keen ear for subtle nuances, it has become quite a bit easier to stay ahead of transmission problems. Here’s a short list of commonly low-cost transmission problems.
- Fluid Leak/Low Fluid –Your car or truck may have a leak that needs to be patched, this is often just a gasket.
- Vacuum Line Break – Most of the time when this happens, your transmission won’t shift at all. Your car’s engine and transmission depend on the vacuum system to function correctly. Luckily, these lines are cheap by the foot and the labor isn’t too bad either.
- Bad Linkage/Cables – Usually identifiable by issues like hard shifting, soft shifting and sometimes even no shifting.
- Bad Solenoid – Usually a bad solendoid affects single gears or a group of gears like 2nd and 4th or 1st thru 3rd. These are fairly easy to replace, especially when mounted on the outside of the transmission.
- Computer Problems – Even your car can have a computer problem bad enough to call in for tech support! Modern vehicles have more electronics and computing power than the space shuttle.
- Bad Fluid / Old Fluid – Many times, simply flushing and replacing your transmission fluid will alleviate many minor transmission problems like slipping, soft shifting and erratic behavior.